12.09.2010

holiday decorations

i love love love the holidays. christmas-time reminds me of family, warmth, love and happiness. with that comes the wonderful decorations!

one of my favorite childhood memories is going and cutting down our christmas tree at our cabin in vermont (i know my parents are thinking... that's your favorite memory? all you did was complain about the cold, the walking, you're hungry, etc). my favorite part was decorating the tree. we have about three giant boxes of ornaments, and every single one goes on the tree. i don't lie. my family and i then turn on alvin and the chipmunks christmas CD and decorate until it's hideously full with lights, ornaments and garland. and mom - you get an award for never ever complaining with the worst job in the world - taking down the tree and alllll the ornaments that come with it (including the teeniest little blue car).

while these pictures are definitely not my house (nor are they my apartment), i love the decorations. there are so many ways to make a house feel warm and cozy for the holidays, and everyone's taste is different, but it still gives off the same message - the holiday's are HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment