11.21.2010

richard cable interiors



richard cable interiors - huntsville, alabama.
asid (american society of interior designers) hosts a week every year called "real world design week" where registered interior design students are able to shadow a registered interior designer. i chose to shadow richard cable of richard cable interiors in huntsville, alabama. i had heard horror stories of this day from my friends who had done it in the past (with different interior designers, different firms) saying they felt in the way, it was boring, they felt awkward, etc. so i went into this feeling a little concerned. however, they made me feel so welcome! richard and his team welcomed me into their showroom with loving arms and open minds, fielding my millions of questions as best they could, and giving me new energy to finish out my studios and become what i have always wanted to become - an interior designer.
if you get a chance, check out richard's portfolio on his website.
http://www.richardcableinteriors.com/Portfolio/portfolio.html
he does great work and right now has about 18 different projects going on! i can only hope when i have my own firm (cross your fingers and your toes) that i will be as blessed and successful (and good!) as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment