12.22.2011

christmas in my house.

christmas came early for me ~ i got an iPhone from my parents late last night as an early present! my old blackberry had once belonged to my bf while in college, and had spent about 6 months living under a fraternity couch. after i had adopted her, she wasn't treated much better as i left her everywhere and once ran over her, accidentally. :0

i will treat this phone with much better love, care and affection.

so, since i now have a semi-good camera, i took some quick photos around the house of some of my favorite things my mom does for xmas. 


the slightly more-formal-than-we-are dining room. note: we don't normally have that many chairs squished... my parents had just had a party and rather than take away the chairs, my mom kept them seeing as how 12 will be around that table in two days. 


twinkle lights in a jar! this one is under our tv in the family room - we have them in the dining room {you can sort of see them in the corner} and in the living room on the piano. i love them!

who doesn't love a great bar? this is the old roll-top desk i was talking about - this is in a little room off the kitchen kind of adjacent to our family room that houses just this bar {and the christmas tree during the season}. during the party a few nights ago, my mom had all the wine glasses and liquor glasses against those twinkle lights in the back and put the wine on one side and liquor on the other. it looked amazing at night! on top are all her snow globes she collects.... and a little skiing moose {b/c my parents love to ski, and we have a cabin named "moosehill"} with little earrings to be in the spirit of things.


dontcha want one? are you jealous? you should be. my mom makes ahhhmazing christmas cookies - all from scratch and hand decorates. the ones to the left are a shortbread type cookie dipped in chocolate with pecan sprinkles on top. the snowflakes are sugar cookies that my mom cut out and decorated herself! not to mention they are always displayed in the cutest ways. can i be like you, mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment