12.21.2011

christmas time is HERE.

merry christmas!

i am back in new hampshire and couldn't be happier! i've spent the majority of my christmas break in dallas visiting my boyfriend, and now am home for a little over a week to spend some good christmas time with my family :) being in dallas {in a boy's apartment, non-the-less} i haven't felt like it is christmas quite yet. bryce and josh have no christmas decorations up {not even a twinkle-light in sight} and it has been upwards of 65 degrees every day in the great state of texas. so one i landed in manchester yesterday afternoon and my brother picked me up in his trusty subaru {NO ONE in texas drives a subaru} with ski's in the back, i felt that christmas was just around the corner! the long drive home i mostly slept, but once we pulled into my driveway and came to my brother's parking spot in front of the barn, there were beautiful christmas-wreaths on either barn door, signaling the holiday season. 
pottery barn outdoor wreath
$79
each and every year we spend christmas time with my family from new jersey, which entails my grandma, grandpa, pop-pop, uncle stevey, aunt jill, michael & amy (and this year amy's boyfriend, ryan). this year christmas is at our house, so all 12 of us are under one roof. whenever we have christmas here, my mom goes all out with the decorations. stockings are hung over the fireplace, which is constantly running when the family is here, tree is decorated with every ornament we have (and yes, this includes my flashing cow lights that get strung around the tree and michael's "christmas" plate ornament with his little face in the center he made in 1st grade), all of my mom's snow-globes out over the make-shift bar (an antique roll-top desk from my late-grandfather) with twinkle lights behind them, and glass jars filled with white twinkle lights sprinkled around the house. i love it! i also can't wait for when i get my first big-girl apartment/house and can decorate it myself. dad, i might need some help, financially, on that part......

since i have no camera to take pictures of all these decorations around my house, and nor do i have a working camera phone, i am going to show you pictures of my favorite holiday decorations in other's - and what i might steal once i get old enough to do so. enjoy :) 
while this is beautiful... i'm not quite sure it is realistic.
country living

take an old chandelier, spray-paint white, add the jewels and the greenery and BAM.
itsoverflowing.com

i am obsessed with this. took reclaimed wood and mounted above fireplace. i.love.it.
itsoverflowing.com

simplicity of the red and white and little twinkle lights above table.
trendzone.com

1 comment:

  1. Meredith, you totally made my night! I'm so glad that you had fun visiting and hope to see you around often! My favorite party of blogging is meeting sweet blogger friends! I'm happy to have you as my newest one!!! Have a VERY Merry Christmas! Your home is set beautifully!!! I LOVE the lights and the "bar" area LOTS! Wishing you and I both could get that Potterybarn Wreath!!! Excited to be following you on GFC! Do you have a FB page, too!??! I do, the link is on my page! I'd love for you to find me!!!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete