3.16.2011

hanover, nh

i love my town. so i thought i would blog a little about where i am from - hanover, nh. it is a teeny little college town nestled in a valley, which is interestingly enough called "the upper valley". hanover is situated on the connecticut river, on the new hampshire/vermont border.
my family moved to hanover when i was just 2 years old. we lived in a small rental house downtown, while my dad designed and built our current home. we have been there for 20 years now, and i still love it! i hope my parents never leave :)

my town has a little more than 8,000 residents and is home to dartmouth college. we have a little downtown area that holds the dartmouth bookstore, a few restaurants, a coffee shop, a vintage clothing shop, the gap and a few more little boutiques. the main street in downtown hanover is fittingly called "main street" where at the top of it is the hanover inn.
if you then pivot 180 degrees from this angle, you will see the dartmouth green and all the buildings surrounding it belong to dartmouth. at the top of the green is the library - called baker library.
i love my town :) one of my friends, ally, who owns the pink alligator in hanover, asked when i'm moving back and i honestly can't answer that. i don't want to move back any time soon because it is way too small and offers me no opportunities right now. maybe once i get a husband and a family?

happy wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment