6.03.2011

my love for etsy.

many who know me know i'm constantly searching for new art to bring into my house. i love prints, paintings, sculptures and furniture, but on a discounted price, of course. i absolutely love etsy! you can find amazing things on here - and it is so worth it to take a few minutes {or a full day} to search the site and find some gems. but don't worry, i did the work for you this weekend, so below are a few of my fab weekend finds. you're welcome :)


medusa 11 x 14 fine art print by sealilystudio
$35
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75257114/medusa-11x14-fine-art-print?ref=cat1_gallery_17


RUM - 8 x 20 print
$14
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75036205/varieties-of-rum-print-gray-and-orange-8?ref=v1_other_2
GIN - 8 x 10 print
$14
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75040690/varieties-of-gin-blue-and-gray-8-x-10?ref=v1_other_1 

{mom and dad - i totally see these going above the roll-top desk bar}
keep calm and sail on - 8 x 10 print
$10
http://www.etsy.com/listing/71472156/keep-calm-and-sail-on-8-x-10-print?ref=cat1_gallery_4
{i need to get this for bob at fox}
custom family rules sign - 24 x 36 inch on distressed wood
$170
http://www.etsy.com/listing/71464370/custom-family-rules-sign-extra-large?ref=cat1_gallery_40
i honestly do believe that how you decorate and design your house is a direct reflection of who you are {or who you want to feel you are} as a person. my house at home is extremely open - the family room is open to the kitchen which is open to the bar. there is a patio and screened porch that all ties together, and offers seating for conversation and parties. even the study upstairs offers additional seating for people to sit and enjoy each others company while someone else is working on the computer. i love how open my house is, and the warmth it emits. in high school {and especially during breaks in college} all my friends would come over to my house - and i believe it is because there was free booze my house makes people feel welcome. i want my home to feel that way, too. 

my friend tucci's house in delray, florida is a perfect example of this. her parents don't believe in a "formal" living room, because they don't like that feeling. so in the space where there was supposed to be a "formal" living room, they put a custom bar - and at the other end, a giant 10 person round dining room table. it is perfect and so suits their family. instantly you walk in and understand that they are a family who enjoys company, people & good times. i hope my home will reflect who i am the way her family and my family have done.

1 comment: